Considering moving to the Olde Naples area? You’ve certainly dived into the historical and vintage part of town. Although moving to this area is not unlike moving to any other in Southwest Florida, there are some basic tips and relocation tactics to keep you on schedule and keep you as stress-free as possible. Here’s some of our favorite tips for relocating to Olde Naples Florida.
- Plan before you go. Begin with the end in mind. If you start now and prepare everything you need is time, your move will be much less stressful. It doesn’t matter whether you’re moving across town or across the country or state, planning with the end in mind will make the process that much easier. Make sure you pack the very first things you’re going to need last. They need to be at the end of the track and ready to be unpacked quickly and first. This could be items such as clothes, coffee makers, basic utensils, any food that you’re shipping, and basic toiletries.
- Have a list of everybody you’ll need to get in contact with once you arrive; this could be friends and family, utilities and household supplies, school districts, medical facilities, change of address forms, and mail subscriptions. Typically, your mail will be forwarded for one year and you can usually correct all the addresses within that time frame.
- Collect all of your boxes, packing tape and packing materials ahead of time. Consider using items you already have as packing materials such as blankets and towels to wrap fragile or valuable items. Make sure you mark on the box what’s in it including the materials used to pack.
- Consider using items you already have as packing materials such as blankets and towels to wrap fragile or valuable items. Make sure you mark on the box what’s in it including the materials used to pack.
- When you first move into the home take a final walk-through and double check that all outlets, light switches and faucets work properly. Check all of the appliances to make sure they are working as well. Any issues that were not completed during home inspection will need to be addressed right away.
Remember, moving doesn’t have to be stressful; as long as you start with the end in mind. Keep things organized, phone numbers and important documents all put together in one place, and if you need more help call one of our agents. We specialize in helping folks relocate to the Olde Naples real estate market. We would love to see you and our part of the woods.
Professional Olde Naples Realtor®
When it comes to buying or selling a home you need an agent that not only knows real estate but the area as well. At the Domain Group we strive to give 100% attention to our clients when buying, selling, renting or investing in Olde Naples real estate.
We offer personal tours and all the listings from the most popular neighborhoods in Olde Naples such as 3rd and 5th Street, northeast Olde Naples, Bayfront and the Olde Naples Beach and Golf Club as well as local news and information. For real estate you can trust, call us anytime. We would love to help you find the right home in Olde Naples Florida. 239-898-5329